Abstract elements and views

Refraction
Oil and Water
Water Beads
Shadow

A. What is the distinct mood of this photograph? Explain. The mood of the photo “Shadow” is peaceful and optimism. The foundation of these moods come from the color green which is the light in this photo. The fading green allows the photo to have a peaceful sense to it which is calming.

B. What does this photo make you think about? Explain. The photo “Shadow makes me think of a sunset and the light of the sun going down and the background having a darker sense to it just as the photo. The pattern of the bowl reminds me of a weaved basket.

C. What in the photo jumps out at you? Explain. What jumps out at me in the photo “Shadow” is the amount of expression and the amount of importance the shadow plays in the photo. The shadow is truly the emphasis of the photo and the green light I feel makes the dark shadow stand out. A light color like green can make a dark shadow stand out a lot more and thats what I feel makes the shadow a lot stronger.

D. How does this photo make you feel? Explain. The photo “Shadow” makes me feel calm and the shadow makes me feel as if small things can truly have a ton behind it. I feel as if the shadow represents the importance of context and to never just judge by the eye but try to dive deeper into everything as there may always be a story behind it.

E. What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting abstract photography? Explain. advice I would give to next years students is to find good colors to make your shadow stand out. Colors I would suggest are green, yellow, and blue.

3 thoughts on “Abstract elements and views”

1. I like the color. I like the green and black it kinda gives a ghostbuster vibe in a way. I also like the swirl effect.

I think maybe he could use more colors. He could also crop the vase in or at least crop it fully out. I think if he used more colors it could bring a whole new different aspect to life.

One piece of advice would be to darken the image a bit. I feel like there is a lot of brightness and a lot of white. I think you could have tried to leave it out because now it takes away the importance of that black color.

2. The thing I like most about the photo is the shape that the oil and water make. The oil creates an oozey aura in the water which is very interesting. I really also like that he chose the color green because it brings an amazing element to the photo.
    One thing that could be better in this photo is the blurriness of the photo. I think if he focussed the photo better it would have come out much better. The photo would have been so beautiful if it was clearer.
    One piece of advice that I would give to the photographer to make their work better is to crop the picture better. There were some elements that didn’t need to be seen in the photo. If he cropped the photo better it would have been a beauty.

3. I like the different shadows of the image and the intricate design created by the glass you chose. I also like the color light that you chose. It suits the cool feeling your image gives off.
    One thing that could be better in the image is the angle. This is because it is showing pieces of the paper even though the paper is not what has the shadow. If I were him I would have rotated myself to take that out
    A piece of advice I have for the photographer is to be more careful when taking his shot. He should be mindful of his surroundings. It is important to pick everything meticulously so you don’t end up with the background like you had in the previous image.