22 Cretu image

Pete Alonso- king of homersThe message my image is trying to make is that Pete Alonso is the king of hitting home runs and he is the one of the best players in the MLB. This message is a statement because Pete is one of the best players on the New York Mets and he hits so many home runs every year which leads me to believe he is the best home run hitter in baseball. Alonso has hit the most homeruns in MLB since he came into the league and this has made his identity as a homerun hitter. When I was exploring self portraits for the project I came across a lot of portraits of kings which made me think of Pete Alonso, the king of hitting home runs.  Advice I would give to creating composite images is to have true background and meaning to your photos. Find something that interests you and choose the celebrity as someone who associates with that image. In this case, Pete Alonso associates with a picture of a king because the message of this photo is that he is the king of homeruns. 

7 thoughts on “22 Cretu image”

1. I like the creativity behind the picture. The story behind the picture and how the two correlate is very interesting and intriguing. I also like how the head looks like it belongs on the painting of the body.

2. This photo can be edited with greater skill. There appear to be some flaws in certain areas of the image. Details such as slight unevenness under the chin, uneven skin tones, etc.

3. I would advise you to enhance your editing abilities. Look up ways of removing flaws and blending colors. The photo would be great if this had been done.

4. I love the photo. It is such a good connection. Peter Alonso is the daddy of homers. I think many things can be fixed. The head looks like you put it on. Make sure you blend so it looks real. The piece of advice is to try different lenses. Sometimes the different lens could be better. I think you’re a good photographer.

5. One thing I liked:I like how Alonso was chosen because he hits a lot of home runs. Parent titled the photo “Pete Alonso: The King of Home Runs”. This also was a good choice for a celebrity for Parent since he is a Mets fan as well.

One thing I thought could be better: A lot of things. Parent could have put a crown on Alonso so that it would be a king instead of Pete Alonso being on a person’s body. Parent also didn’t bother making Pete look like he is in the painting, which makes the photo boring. I wish Parent could have done more to make the photo more realistic.

Advice: When trying to photoshop someone into a photo, try to make the person look like they are in it. The picture was not photoshopped well and showed no creativity. Take this advice and do better.

6. I like how he chose a picture of Alonso screaming. This makes it look like he is a leader and is in power. I would also say that I like how the photo pops out to me.
    I think he could have added a neck. I think the face looks kinda smushed. This throws me off a little.
    I think it was a very good photo overall. I would just say to make sure when you go over the photo that you should look to see if there is anything that would make the photo pop out more to the viewers. This is a solid photo.

7. I love the way Alonso’s head is perfectly masked onto the king’s torso. His head looks perfectly placed. I believe the artist did a really good job in making it realistic in that aspect. One thing that could be better in the photo is the lighting on Alonso’s head. The background of the photo and the body of the king have a matching complexion. This I can’t say is the same for Alonso’s head, as there seems to be lighting reflecting on Alonso. One piece of advice I’d give the photographer next time is to think about the expressions of a typical king. I probably would’ve gone for a more serious photo of Alonso to match the “typical” expression of a king. But maybe you decided to make Alonso unique in a way that matches his competitiveness, in that way, it’s fine.